cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failing with Accu-Care Software

Chris_Wise
Level 3
There is appearing to be an issue with our Backup Exec software...

We run software on our server for a company called Accu-Care. They provide software solutions for healthcare related industries. Also, most of the software is Visual Pro/5

Now, onto the problem. Lately, when the Accu-Care Send Server is running, the backup will do one of two things
1) Hang until we stop it and force a backup
2) Shut down the Accu-Care Send Server and then continues the backup.

Unfortunately, having the Send Server shut down is not good, because this means that whenever one of our nurcing facilities updates information about a client, the software on this end doesn't get updated.

I went to check the log from the last failed backup and when I clicked on the Job Log tab I get an error stating there is a problem converting the job log into a web page and it displays the log as a text. However, there is no mention in the short text file as to why the job failed. It just says to view the job log for details. The Job History tab shows nothing of importance either.

So, I guess my question is, how can I tell if the Accu-Care Send Server is the base problem or not?
4 REPLIES 4

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Are you using AOFO?

It may just be that the software in question is keeping your disks too busy to get the minimum quiet time.

Try disabling AOFO.

If this corrects the problem, I'm assuming you will miss some files. You may have to either find a workaround for the files in question, or live with shutting down the software.

Chris_Wise
Level 3
We never purchased the AOFO option when we got Backup Exec.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

You could try running a test job with the rest of the Server apart from this Software to know if the Software is making Problems.

Let us know if that helps.
Also let us know what Option have you selected under Job Properties -> If AOFO not used..... with a lock or Without a lock?

Thanks
Regards

Chris_Wise
Level 3
Thanks for the help in resolving this issue. Though the problem was never systematically fixed, since my last post it has not happened again and all the backup logs show everything normal. So, I'm assuming this question is closed.