cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup unit doors are locked after backup job on 8 slot LTO-2 drive

Dale_Yocum
Level 2
What do I need to do after my backup job is successful?

On my backup drive display, I often get that the slot doors are locked after a backup job has run. A simple power off/on fixes that problem. But, should I do something different in Backup Exec to unlock the doors before manually exporting the tapes from the slots?

When I insert (import) new tapes in those slots, what should I do? I normally either import or label the tapes via Backup Exec.
2 REPLIES 2

steve_2
Level 3
Right click Dell #, Choose Unlock and Yes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I work with Veritas Back Exec, on a Windows XP platform. I know I have to run an inventory everytime I import a backup tape, but how do I literally do it. I know I have to Right Click Slots, choose Inventory and click Run Now. However, there are about 3 icons named Slots. Do I choose the Slots icon directly underneath, in my case, Dell 5 (underneath that Slots I have Dell 6) or do I run an inventory on the Slots icon that appears on the upper right side of my screen, or do I run an inventory on the the individual Slot, in my case Slots 1, 2 and 3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Its not necessary to inventory all slots everytime...

You could just select the individual slot in the right hand-side column which has the corresponding tape for the job and select "Inventory".

Regards
Padmaja