cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup from multiple sources at same time

justin_j
Not applicable
We have Backup Exec 12.5 and having an issue with speed.  The main limiter is network/remote server performance.
We have an LTO4 tape drive that is only getting an average of 1,500gb/min and that should be much higher.  Is there anyway to have backup exec pull data from more than 1 server simultaneously and save it to the one backup destination as I think that would greatly increase our backup times.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I guess if you had 2 tape drives you could stream multiple streams to them (ARCserve can). This way you would effectively double-up your speeds. BE only really has the option (from what I have picked up on) to do this with B2D folders where you can stream concurrent jobs. In your case, I'd check to see if your settings are optimal. By this I mean: 1. switch ports hard-coded to the maximum speed of the server NICs 2. Server NICs hard-coded to their maximum speed 3. Making sure no AV scans are run at the time your backups run. 4. Checking to see if your NICs have Large Send Offload, and try enabling that. Remember to test restores after this... Laters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
I guess if you had 2 tape drives you could stream multiple streams to them (ARCserve can). This way you would effectively double-up your speeds. BE only really has the option (from what I have picked up on) to do this with B2D folders where you can stream concurrent jobs. In your case, I'd check to see if your settings are optimal. By this I mean: 1. switch ports hard-coded to the maximum speed of the server NICs 2. Server NICs hard-coded to their maximum speed 3. Making sure no AV scans are run at the time your backups run. 4. Checking to see if your NICs have Large Send Offload, and try enabling that. Remember to test restores after this... Laters!

CraigV

Hi,

Any news here...?