cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup reports skipped file

Joseph_Candullo
Level 3
Hello Everyone,
I have Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition.
My backups have been 100% perfect until today. I get a report of a skipped file which is "C:\documents and Settings\Network Service\Application Data\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v1.1.4322\Security.config.cch.2920.147371343." Is this normal for this file to report being open and the backup job skips it? Thank you for any valuable input.

Joey
3 REPLIES 3

Michael_McKenne
Level 6
This is very common and normal. Certain files are always open. You need a open files manager to backup open files properly. If the files are part of SQL or Exchange, you can get agents for these products.

Joseph_Candullo
Level 3
I have a licensed version of Veritas 10.0 for Small Business Server 2003 . I thought the this version allready has an open file manager agents automatically installed for Exchange and SQL database backups? Thank you for your reply.

Joey

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

To prevent errors due to open files do the foll:

Title : How to disable the Active File Exclusion feature in Backup Exec for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/259152

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.