cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup taking a longtime on Windows 2000 Server running AD

Bill_Laston
Level 2
Hello

I do hope you can help please. We installed BE 9.1 for Windows onto the DC yesterday and configured it accordingly to auto backup in the evening Mon to Fri. I have not selected Systems State just the actual files we want backed up.

The files themselves are in a compressed folder or some folders are compressed others are not and I have selected to use Hardware compression or Software should hardware not be available.

The job has been running since 7pm yesterday and has still not finished.

Could it be because of the compressed drive and the compression options in BE ?

HELP !!!!

Bill
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Bill,

I would like to mention here that if you have selected the folders or files which are compressed then even if you select compression option in Backup Exec to get more compressed then Backup Exec will not do it. The files that are already compressed are not more compressed in Backup Exec.

Regarding the time that its taking to complete the backup, there can be various other reasons for it.

Please tell us , on what device you are taking backup ? Is it a local backup or remote server backup ? How big is the job ? Are Veritas drivers installed if you are taking backups on tape drive ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.