cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Disk

Mark_Bryant
Level 2
When I have a job that Backs up to disk, then duplicates to tape, I need to know how to find the tapes the job duplicates to. How do I do this? Thanks. mb
5 REPLIES 5

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Go to your duplicate job and under Destination select the desired tape device to which the job has to duplicate.

Under Settings->General you can select were the data comes from which need to be duplicated.

Regards
A van der Boom

Nishant_desai
Level 4
Hi Mark,
What I want you to do is go to the "job log" of the duplicate job and in that there are 2 sections under "Job Information" named "Destination Drive and Media Information" and "Source Drive and Media Infomation".Referring to these sections would help you to find out on which tape, which job, duplicates to.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Mark_Bryant
Level 2
Is there no way to see this information in the catalog? Having to open a job log to search for the tapes it was duplicated to is really an awkward to do this. IF I want to do a restore and need the duplicate tape I will be in a hurry. Please tell me this is stored in the catalog and how to find it. mb

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Is this not a question of labeling you tape media correctly ?

My tapes are called 'LTO' so I always see in the catalog the difference between a tape and a B2D

just my E0.02
Regards
A van der Boom

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Catalogs can be searched by two criteria only: location and date created / modified. It would suit your needs better if you created media sets and arranged for the appropriate tape to be selected depending on the OPP and AP of the tape, instead of letting the backup pickup any random tape and then searching for it..

To acheive this please refer to the foll technotes on media management:

1. http://support.veritas.com/docs/237374

2. http://support.veritas.com/docs/192265

Tell us if this helps

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.