cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to ReadyNAS using BUE

cjc
Level 2
Hello,

I just purchased a Netgear ReadyNAS 2100 and was hoping to use it as a backup device for Backup Executive 12.5 running on Server 2003. I currently cannot use it as BUE won't let me select it when I attempt to configure it as a Backup to Disk Folder. I enabled the use share option but it now is complaining about a user agent. I have seen something about a RALUS Add-On user agent for the ReadyNAS but I'm not sure this will solve my problem. I'm willing to buy a license for the agent but would like some reassurance that it will work as they don't seem to have a trial version. can anyone provide some insight? Thank you.

cjc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
You can't use mapped drives for backup to disk folders.  Try adding the full unc path in the path box (i.e. \\servername\sharename).  That should allow you to add it as a backup to disk location as long as there is not a permissions issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
You can't use mapped drives for backup to disk folders.  Try adding the full unc path in the path box (i.e. \\servername\sharename).  That should allow you to add it as a backup to disk location as long as there is not a permissions issue.

cjc
Level 2
Thanks for the response. I'm not mapping the drive. I was trying to use the browse function built into the BUE Backup Folder configuration utility. I'll try using the UNC path as you suggested. Thanks again.