cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to disk media creation problem

Nettech123
Not applicable

I currently changed my backup procedures to the backup to disk folder.  I have a shared B2D folder with a media set which seems to write onto only 2 seperate 50 gig .bkf files, it just keeps overwriting between the two and doesn't create a new one wants its full.  (I set the preferences in the B2D folder to allow 50 gig sized backups each .bkf file since we back up close to 50 gigs each night).  I would a complete backup to run each night with its own 50 gig .bkf file to overwrite each night (so I want 5 total 50 gig .bkf files) Does anyone know how I can create these 5 .bkf files so I can set them up for each night and keep my process automated.  I have 5 seperate backup jobs that correspons to repeat for the specific day of the week it is set to.  I also created 5 seperate media sets which are set to overwrite the media when teh media set is called upon in the job. I just need some media! If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Sounds like you are running the same job every night?

I'd stay with one job, and one media set.

Make the job Overwrite, and set the media set properties to OPP = 6 days  (Overwrite Protection Period)