cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 11d - Folder Restore

Mr__Brown
Not applicable
Hello All,

I have a situation, and I was hoping to get some insight into my options.  Currently, I have a user who has deleted a few folders out of a company network share.  At this point, she does not know which folders they were and cannot identify the folders.

The share is being backed up with BE11d and I wanted to know if there is a restore method, which will only restore files or folders that are no longer present on the drive.  I don't know if there is an option to restore modified files or folder, however; the problem with an option like that would be many files have been modified on the drive and I can't restore all modified files, or we would lose alot of work.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks so much!

Mike
2 REPLIES 2

Dan_Mashal
Level 3
IMHO I dont think there is such an option. I would tell the user figure out what files they need.. have them look at the backup exec console with you. If they cant remember what file they were working on then tough luck for them. That's not an IT problem.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Yes, just do the restore, and under General Settings, select "Skip if file exists".