cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BackupExec 11d] Restoring mailbox on RSG does not work ... but ends without errors !!

Fabri_Fabri
Level 4
BackupExec 11d.
Exchange 2007 SP1.

Some times ago, I tried to follow the article: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-restore-exchange-2007-mailbox-store-tape-using-backup-exec-12?sym=TRUE to restore a mailbox using RSG and it worked fine.

Today I am trying to redo the test, you never know, and in fact ... it does not work anymore.

Initially, doing the same steps, I encountered the infamous error "0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. " and googled to find no answer.

So I decided to try mine solution: remove RSG in Exchange and recreate one.

After this step, the job (correctly set up with Redirect Exchange Set --> Redirect using VSS --> Redirect to RSG) runs and ends without errors.

However, there is NO file under the RSG location (X:\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\RSG20091116130840.) so when I tried to mount the RSG, no mailboxes are located into.

Do you have some suggestions ?

I can't think of my backup will not restore an eventual crash ...

Thanks.

F.

1 REPLY 1

Fabri_Fabri
Level 4
Hi, I found out that (apart from without errors ending job) restoring on RSG is not supported to be single mailbox but it has to be restored ALL the mailbox database and AFTER that we can merge via Exchange only one mailbox.

Regards.

F.