cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 12.5 Small Business Edition install on second Windows 2008 SBS Server?

wolfgang
Level 2
Hello,

we plan to upgrade to the Windows 2008 Small Business Server Premium which includes a second Windows 2008 Server licence.

Is it possible to install the BackupExec 12.5 Small Business Edition on the second server which belongs to the Windows 2008 Small Bsuiness Server Premium?

The Requirements say that BackupExec SBSE needs to installed on a SBS Server, but the second server is a 2008 Standard Server - but belonging to 2008 SBS :)

Since the SBS Server has already the Exchange Server running i would prefer to install BackupExec on the second server.

I would be grateful if someone from Symantec would comment on that, since I get i always get different answers from different resellers.

Thanks
Wolfgang

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Is it possible to install the BackupExec 12.5 Small Business Edition on the second server which belongs to the Windows 2008 Small Bsuiness Server Premium?

Sorry, BackupExec SBS can only be installed on SBS OS.  with a Remote Agent you can  backup the second server, but cannot install on it