cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 12 on a non-domain server backing up Exchange 2007

Carsen
Level 3
Hello,

I currently am unable to install the Exchange 2007 Management Tools on my BackupExec 12 server as it is not on a domain and it in a workgroup.

The reason for this is that our BackupExec server resides in our DMZ that has VPN connections to client sites that we backup as well.

Our BackupExec 12 server needs to backup our Exchange 2007 server as well as other clients data shares that reside on different domains.

Is there any way to install the Exchange 2007 Management Tools on a server that doesn't belong to the Exchange server's domain?

BackupExec 12 Server - Windows 2008 x86, WORKGROUP and in DMZ
Exchange 2007 Server - Windows 2003 x64, DOMAIN and on corporate LAN

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carsen
3 REPLIES 3

Pieter
Not applicable
Hi Carsen,

Did you solve this problem?
I'm having the same issue.
The strange thing is that the store seems to be backed up, but I'm getting errors.

Thanks,

Pieter

PC_2
Level 3
Hi,

FWIW I got a successful backup of Exchange 07 to disk on a W2008 box via a W2003 64-bit Bex 12 media server in a separate domain. Just had to provide the Exchange domain's account credentials. 

The media server also had Outlook 2003 installed but no Ex07 components at all - impossible to do without the requisite schema in place.

Restore selection does show mailboxes and all expected content though any attempt to restore from the backup did crash Bex immediately.........

However there are products that can read the disk backup and allow extraction of the content. Have a look at Kroll Ontrack for example.

Cheers,

PC

PC_2
Level 3
Should have read: ....successful backup of Exchange 07 Sp1 on a W2008 box to disk on a W2008 Bex 12 media server in a separate domain.