cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2010 Hyper-V agent

Nigel_Ayres
Level 3

This is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 and I'm trying to back up a Hyper-V guest using the agent with GRT. The guest in this case is a Windows 7 x86 VM which isn't part of the domain of the host.

The backup of the VM is successful, but the GRT backup fails. I've set the permissons for the VM to match those on the guest machine. I've also set the "run as a batch job" right for the user account and added it to Backup Operators group.

Interestingly, there's another anomaly I've encountered: If I run a permissions test on the whole job, the guest element comes back as successful. If I test just that specific element of the job it fails. I can't see any way in which that anomaly can be correct - can it?

So, is there something which I'm missing? I assume that there's no reason that the Hyper-V guest OS must be part of the domain.

Thanks,

Nigel

2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Add the Backup Exec Service Account in the Local Admin Group of Windows7 box.

Hope this helps...

Nigel_Ayres
Level 3
i was trying to avoid having to do that (surely it's a security hole if those credentials are stored on a non-domain machine?) That's why I tried to set specific credentials for that element of the backup alone. Isn't that the correct way to address the matter of permissions?