cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

BackupExec 2010 R3 keeps breaking trust with remote agent

sysadmin86
Level 3

i've had this issue for the last 2 weeks now. i have a job that backs up 2 remote servers on a seperate subnet, and these 2 servers are in a workgroup. I never was able to push out the agent to these servers remotely from the media server. the way i installed it in the past was locally using RAWSX64 folder. So two weeks ago, one of the 2 servers, lets call it server 2 fails. i rerun it and still fails. i test the credentials on server 2 and server 1, server 2 fails. i updated SBE to SP3 and uninstalled and reinstalled the agent on Server 2, established trust relationship, ran the job and it was successful. when the job ran again per schedule, it failed again. the issue here seems to be the trust keeps breaking between server and agent. any ideas would be much apreciated

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. 
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.  If the server or
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

Above is the error i receive when the job fails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

SEP wouldn't quarantine the service executable, but it would block it. The TN below might also be of interest:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH168940

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

lmosla
Level 6

Hello, 

Check and verify the version of the Backup Exec and the Remote agent match.

Verify that the Remote Agent service is running

On the Remote server in the Backup Exec Agent Utility under the publishing tab,  enter the ip address of the remote server and verify the published name entered is correct.

In Backup Exec create a new job and run it.

Thank you

CraigV

Hi,

Have you ruled out DNS as an issue? Can you ping and resolve host/IP address from the troublesome server? If not, put in an entry in the local hosts file of that server to point to the remote server.

Since these are in separate workgroups, have you made sure that the local server admin account on the server giving this issue has been added to the media server under the Network and Security tab? If not, do so, and then browse that server in the selection list again, and if it asks you to choose a logon, choose that new account. It would need to be added in as \\IP_Address\UserName.

Thanks!

sysadmin86
Level 3

thank you for the suggestions. i will try them today. i want to add the following: i created another job and again that works the first time, then if i run again it fails. i checked the credentials and failed to communicate again.

Imosla:

Check and verify the version of the Backup Exec and the Remote agent match. --yes they match

Verify that the Remote Agent service is running-- still running

On the Remote server in the Backup Exec Agent Utility under the publishing tab, enter the ip address of the remote server and verify the published name entered is correct.

In Backup Exec create a new job and run it. -- ran it and it was succesful, then if i run again it fails

sysadmin86
Level 3

CraingV, do you mean Network> logon accounts? or from the properties of the Job, there is a network and security tab, but dont see a spot for login info. As for pinging, i think its not allowed, they are web servers very lockded down. not even the server that works fine can ping. In adition, both servers use the same local logon accounts.

CraigV

Sorry, yes...Network --> Logon Accounts.

If the web servers are locked down, is port 10000 opened on any firewall on them? This is required for the RAWS agent to communicate with the media server.

Also, if there is an AV installed on that server, have you made sure it isn't perhaps actively scanning the beremote.exe server, and maybe stopping it?

Thanks!

sysadmin86
Level 3

ill check the port. definately know is open on the firewall between the networks, ill check on the local windows firewall. as for AV, we use symantec endpoint protection, but i can see anything in quarinteen, is there a simple way to see if its being blocked? its just strange how everything was working fine for months and months, all of a sudden it crashed. i did leave out a part of the complete story. 2 weeks ago, i had to cancel a running job because we had to setup replication on 2 dedupe disk devices. the 2 servers in the job that is failing, are also on the job that we canceled, just different selection lists. thats when i was never able to get that one server working properly again. Not sure if that helps in any way.

CraigV

SEP wouldn't quarantine the service executable, but it would block it. The TN below might also be of interest:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH168940

Thanks!

sysadmin86
Level 3

thank you. on that remote server there is an unmanaged SEP client. added beremote.exe to the ignore list.