cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2010R3 automatic export with rotating schedule and Tape robot

Conz
Level 2

We're a bit new to running BE with a tape robot as well as the latest BE after having used 9.1 for years.

I'm trying to figure out if its possible to automatically put the weekly full backup tape into the tape robots mail slot ?

We're running with a daily incremental / weekly full / monthly full rotation scheme and an MSL2024.

It's possible to manually export the media but I'd like to remove as many manual steps that I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Create a policy. Create a backup template for your weekly full job and create a export media template. Create template rule as when backup template finishes export media template should start.

Regards...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Yes it is. You would configure a mail slot on your library within BE, and then set your job to export the tape once it completes.

That way, the Weekly tape gets exported to the mail slot over the weekend, leaving you to remove it on a Monday.

Thanks!

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Create a policy. Create a backup template for your weekly full job and create a export media template. Create template rule as when backup template finishes export media template should start.

Regards...

Conz
Level 2

I totally overlooked that one because I kept getting into the wizard.

Thanks both of you.