cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012 SDR ISO image

kll1962
Level 3

Hi There

Anyone that can tell me where to download SDR ISO image for recovery testing.

I have downloaded the BackupExec 2012 image and have finished testing but need also to test Desarster Recovery where can I download the ISO image for the SDR testing ???

Also can anyone tell me if the function "Complet online restore of a computer" realy online gives me the ability to restore ontop of a running windows machine also WIndows OS it self ?

br/Crisplant

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) You can download the SDR ISO image from www.backupexec.com.  Click on the trialware section.

2) Sure. You can restore the entire server on top of an existing OS.  When you restore the C: drive, it will replace the existing OS.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please go to fileconnect.symantec.com & then enter your serial number for BE 2012 & you will see media to download SDR

Hi please check the below link which shows how to do SDR restore and metion about fileconnect to download SDR
 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180099

Thanks

MarcPo
Not applicable

All the graphics on that SDR restore technical document are broken.  Makes the article significantly less useful. :(

nick77vet
Level 2
Partner

Would be awesome if you could post a link to the download page.  I've been all over www.backupexec.com and the file connect site, but I cannot find the SDR ISO.

nick77vet
Level 2
Partner

Found it... it's actually located in the section for downloading a trial version of BE.  You have to go through the process of acquiring the trial version of BE2012 in order to access the SDR ISOs, and they are on the same page as the trial versions of the software.