cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2014 Windows Agent won''t connect

Lar_dawg
Level 3

Both the Media server & agent server are Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise machine, I pushed out the agent from the media server just fine.

However I'm not able to trust, nor am I able to authenticate to the server.

I can ping both directions.

My thinking is ...it must be a port thing on the firewall of the agent.... but I don't see any documentation on what 'windows' firewall ports need be opened on the Agent side?

Help ?

24 REPLIES 24

lmosla
Level 6

Lar_dawg
Level 3

I opened up TCP ports in & out 1000, 6103, 3527, 6106 still cannot Turst..

Calling Method 'SetServerTrust'

BEMSDK Method 'MediaServer AdvertisementUpdate'

BEMSDK Failure Code: E0000383

Lar_dawg
Level 3

I verified that the WMI enabled is running on the agent node, & File and Sharing has been opened .. still cannot connect.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the time on sync between the BE media server and this remote server ?

One option would be to regenerate the SSL certificates required for the trust using these steps ~

1. Stop all the BE Services in the BE Media Server & move the files with extension .crt, .Sif and .key to an alternate location. Default path - Program Files\Symantec\Backup exec\Data

2. Perform the same in the Remote Server after stopping RAWS service. Default path - \Program Files\Symantec\Backup exec\Raws\Data

3. Restart all BE services on both servers.

4. Try to re-establish the trust. You may have to re-establish the trust on other remote servers as well.

Lar_dawg
Level 3

I can telnet both directions from agent to media server & from media server to agent....still cannot establish a trust relationship.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried the above mentioned steps ?

Lar_dawg
Level 3
Can't, media server is a production file server, will take 100+ offline ;)

lmosla
Level 6

In the Backup Exec Console when you right click the server and Select Establish trust what happens?

Have you tried removing and readding the server?

Do you see the Remote Agent installed on the remote server?

If it is installed open up the Backup Exec 2014 Remote Agent Utility

In the Publishing tab, click Change Settings. click the Publishing tab and click Add. then type the name or IP address of the media server, user name, and password.

Click OK.

reference: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159562

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is this document is relevant in your situation?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH224348

sean_dg
Level 3

Anyone found a solution to this issue?

I have the same problem - BE2014 installed on Windows Server 2012R2.

Trying to establish a trust with a Windows Server 2012R2 server which has the remote agent installed. Tried all the suggestions in this thread.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Disable IPv6 on both the media and remote servers

DASFTP
Level 4

I'm experiencing the same issue on serveral servers with BE2014 installed on Windows Server 2012R2.   Not having the issue using BE2010 server. Was there a resolution to this issue back in September?

GROBSON
Level 4

I am also experiencing this issue with BE 2014 + Windows Server 2012 R2.

SSR_7767
Level 4

Better log a formal case with Symantec Support.

Log analysis may be required to find the cause of this and to give a stable solution for the same.

Vdang
Level 4

Hello Lar'dawg,

When push out the Agent onto that machine and it installed without any issue were you prompted for a reboot afterward?

mhopp
Level 0

I was having a similar issue and think I might have found a fix.  It's related to MS update 2918614.  I'm still testing but after installing the hotfix from MS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3000988 I have been able to finally establish a trust on my test server.  I will give it a shot on our production server tonight to see if this resolves the issues I'm having with the remote agent.  Found this article that lead me to this solution.  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH218124

Hope this helps!

GROBSON
Level 4

No prompt for a reboot.

Installation is successful for me except its saying Could not establish connection next to the server status.

When trying to connect nothing happns and when trying to establish trust, the above error is happening.

GROBSON
Level 4

Hmm...the title of that hotfix is relating to temporary profiles. I cant see how that could be related to establishing trust?

**EDIT

Yeah I tried this and it hasnt resolved the problem for me.

sean_dg
Level 3
I've had this twice now on two different servers. The first was a Windows Server 2012, the other a Windows Server 2012R2. Both, after windows updates lost functionality within BE2014. I raised a ticket with support, but it was not very helpful in troubleshooting. In the end I removed the agents completely on both. Removed registry keys. Rebooted. Removed the servers from the media server and then reinstalled the agents. Another reboot and I was up and running again. Not looking forward to pushing out BE2014 across our ever increasing 2012R2 server estate. Symantec need to be looking into this problems for sure!