cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec Agent (from BE12) crashes at boot on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

pbuch85
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I installed BE12 Agent for Linux (RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-1798.17) on my Server which runs Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with all the packages updated.

However, right after I do a service, I stops and I get these error in syslog:

Oct 22 13:29:22 SERVER SYMBDSNAP_SDK[12555]: Failed to open device: /dev/symbdsnapctl, errno: 2.
Oct 22 13:29:32 SERVER kernel: [615645.109813] beremote[12559] general protection ip:7fdb8382069c sp:7fdb8154b828 error:0 in libc-2.15.so[7fdb8379d000+1b5000]

I found this "solution" on the internet : http://blog.redweb.at/2012/08/howto-backupexec-2012-linux-agent-and-kernel-3-0-debian/ which I tried and seems to keep the service running for hours, although it isn't exactly the same error :\

Does one of you succeeded a complete backup with Ubuntu 12.04?

Thank you for your help

Phil.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check the BE 12.5 SCL...Ubuntu isn't listed. It is listed from BE 2010 onwards so your solution is unfortunately unsupported.

You would have to consider an upgrade to a version of BE that does support your version of Ubuntu!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

Check the BE 12.5 SCL...Ubuntu isn't listed. It is listed from BE 2010 onwards so your solution is unfortunately unsupported.

You would have to consider an upgrade to a version of BE that does support your version of Ubuntu!

Thanks!

pbuch85
Level 2

Thank you for your answer!

I found this list few minutes ago :(

Is there a roadmap on which I can find when it would be supported?

CraigV

No version of Ubuntu is supported in BE 12.5. Symantec also doesn't supply roadmap information. You can add it in to the Ideas section...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

pbuch85
Level 2

So... I have to live with that now :(

thank you for your help !

Phil.

CraigV

If you are using BE 12.x then I think you're stuck. Not sure whether or not they will ever offer support, but add it in as an Idea.

if a later version (You mention BE 12 but tagged BE 2012!), then it may come in future...

Thanks!