cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec - Dot Net framework 2.0 failed on Exchange server

alinawaz
Level 5

Hi ALL,

We are trying to install BackupExec 2010 R2 media server on our Exchange server 2003 but the installation is stucked on Dot Net Framework 2.0, i dont know why backup exec is installing dot net framework 2.0 the latest one 3.5 is already installed on exchange server. can we skip dot net 2.0?

is there any problem installing backup exec 2010 media server on exchange, sharepoint and file servers.

Thanks

Agha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please post the error from bkupinst.htm file to know where exactly its failing.

Also what you can try is to install .Net manually by going to the CD\ISO of Backup Exec and browsing to the folder BE\WinNT\Install\DotNetFx.

As BE 2010 R3 is the latest version in BE 2010 family, I would suggest to install BE 2010 R3 instead of BE 2010 R2.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please post the error from bkupinst.htm file to know where exactly its failing.

Also what you can try is to install .Net manually by going to the CD\ISO of Backup Exec and browsing to the folder BE\WinNT\Install\DotNetFx.

As BE 2010 R3 is the latest version in BE 2010 family, I would suggest to install BE 2010 R3 instead of BE 2010 R2.

Thanks,

-Sush...

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Its recommended to install on a stanalone server then installing it on exchange , SQl, shrepoint or any other application server.

alinawaz
Level 5

Thanks Sush,

i will try to do this. but is it necessary to install only dot net 2.0 for backexec.

Thanks

Agha