cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec Services stop responding

dave_F1
Level 3

Hello,

i have an issue with my BackupExec 2012 Server. (newest patch)

The BE services stop responding after 1-2 days. The services are still running, but the Jobs are not working anymore and i can't restart the services, i need to kill them with "taskkill".

In the EventViewer there are some logs like "Adamm Mover Error: DeviceIo: STH: Error: processMTF: stream id is zero.", "Adamm Mover Error: DeviceIo: STH: Error: processMTF: Disabling stream handling for current job. Deduplication performance will suffer."

Do you have any idea how to fix this or where i have to look to find out what is causing this?

Thanks

Dave

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Try running a repair through Add and Remove programs (Programs and Features)

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the current size of the BEDB (under \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data directory) ?

If running any AV, set exclusions for the BE processes.

dave_F1
Level 3

the BEDB_dat.mdf is 65MB, there is no AV running on this system.

dave_F1
Level 3

Ok i will try that, i have to get the ISO file to the server first. It's a customer with a painfully slow internet connection.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If lmosla's suggestion doesn't help, pls post the application & system logs from the event viewer.

dave_F1
Level 3

I tried the repair installation and removed the dedup device, i'm running all backups to backup2disk without dedup. it seems to be a bit better now, but the BE service keeps "freezing" weekly.

What exactly do you need? the whole log? Should i post the saved file?