cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec agent for OS X

Jason_12
Level 2
I have strange problem with BackupExec agent for Macintosh OS X, build 11.00.7170. I tried to install it on Intel-Xeon Xserve (10.4.10 OS X Server). Installation didn't show any significant error or warning but the "beremote" process is not running. When I tried to enable debug logging (works when I type ./beremote or ./beremote --log-console) I got following message:

Library not loaded: /opt/VRTSssl/lib/libvxcrypto.dylib
Referenced from: /opt/VRTSralus/bin/./beremote
Reason: image not found

When I manually copy requested library to VRTSssl than I got following error:

mach-o; wrong architecture

Can someone give me some suggestion how to install correctly BackupExec on Intel-Xeon Xserve ? I contact our Symantec partner and they told me build 7170 is compatible with Intel processors so why I got "wrong architecture" message ? Thanks in advance

Version of VRTSvxmsa is 4.4.0.21, version of VRTSralus is 11.00.7170

Jason
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Jason,

Try this technote to debug the agent on Mac.  http://support.veritas.com/docs/292383

Also, if you just want to try starting the agent, use this command. SyStemStarter start VRTSrams

Jason_12
Level 2
Hello blipsey,

many thanks for an idea. Unfortunately "export" of libraries probably not working (or at least it didn't get any error message). And when I tried to run "beremote" (desn't matter if with or without any switch like --log-console) it reports next message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /net/lorien.nsmg.veritas.com/space/builds/crete/6235/ralus/Darwin.7.9.0_powerpc_gcc-3.3_LP32_REL/becommon/tools/libbetools.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Nicole_2
Not applicable
Has there been any update or fix to this issue? I am having the same problem using Mac OS X 10.4.11 server on a G5 processor.