cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec errors

Danni_Jensen
Level 3
I have installed this product and might buy it - if I can get it to work :)

BackupExec is install on a WinXP Pro w/SP2 platform.

What is it Im doing wrong or have missed?...I thought I had setup everything correctly...I have set Virtual Memory avaible maximum 4096Mb.

You'll see joblog here:

------------------------ JOBLOG ----------------------------
Credentials Check
Device : \\FINANCIALS, \\FINANCIALS\F:
Check status : Error: e0008442, The job failed with the following error: A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.

Device : \\EXCHANGE, \\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders
Check status :
Error: e0008442, The job failed with the following error: A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.

Device : \\SERVER1, \\SERVER1\D:
Check status : Success

Device : \\EXCHANGE, \\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
Check status : Error: e0008442, The job failed with the following error: A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.

Device : \\EXCHANGE, \\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes

Device : \\FINANCIALS, \\FINANCIALS\E:Check status : Error: e0008442, The job failed with the following error: A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.

Device : \\FINANCIALS, \\FINANCIALS\G:

Media Capacity CheckDevice :
BackupExec 10_D1
Online append capacity : 0 MB
Online overwrite capacity: 0 MB
Total append capacity : 0 MB
Total overwrite capacity : 1.024 MB
Capacity check status : Success
Miscellaneous :

Media Check
Online media check : Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job.
Overwrite media check: There is no media online or nearline that can be overwritten or the job has been marked append/terminate.

Media check status : Failed

Backup job name : Backup 00009
Test run status : Fail
Media protection: Append first then overwrite
Target device : BackupExec 10_D1
Target media : SDAbackup0511
Total byte count: 0
2 REPLIES 2

Danni_Jensen
Level 3
Have to add Im trying to backup to another Harddrive using Backup-To-Disk functionality in BackupExec 10.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the following technote to resolve above mentioned error.

"Backup jobs fail with "out of memory" error or memory and handle leaks appear when creating snapshots with Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service providers".

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273562

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.