cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec over writting first backup

Geebee12
Level 3

I have recently been having problems with BE 11d. I was backing up my complete C: drive on one job, and my E: drive on a second job thereafter. This is done every week night on B2D to different folders, one being "backup" and the other being Veritas\B2D.  My C: job started failing and I soon found that there was an alert cancelling the backup at 21.00 every night. I change the C: backup job to run after the E: job, and started the E: job at 21.10.

While trying to fix the problem. I  changing settings and lost track of what I had changed. I now find that E: backs up succesfully to Veritas\B2D, and then C: backs up over E: and is not backing up to the "backup" folder.

1. How do I specify which folder each job must back up to ?

2. How can I find out what alert is causing the backup to fail if I start running it before 21.00 ?

22 REPLIES 22

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...check the TN below, and if the folders don't exist and the backups pointed to them, you can see why they would fail!

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH14907

Thanks!

Geebee12
Level 3

Hi Craig

I will try set up 2 new jobs and if I have problems, I will get back to you.

Thank you for all your help !!!!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you'd generally mark a post if it helped you, or your own if you worked it out wink, but glad to have helped!