cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec refuse to accept my licenses

Anders_Torvesti
Level 3
Hi,

When I execute the Desktop and Laptop option from the server console for Backup Exec I recieve this message:

"The free 5 user limit for the Desktop and Laptop Option has been reached. Please purchase the Desktop and Laptop Option to enable additional users."

But when I choose "Tools" and the "License Keys and Installation" and reach the step "Enter license keys" I have already entered two different keys for Desktop and Laptop Option. (And Symantec Backup Exec for Windows servers, Advanced open file option, remote agent for windows and netware servers (3))

Do I need a license for the using the Desktop and Laptop and extra licenses for the clients?

Please help!
Regards Anders

2 REPLIES 2

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Hi Anders,

I will suggest you to remove all the licenses from Backup Exec.  This will set the Media server to Evaluation mode if still within the 60days evaluation period.  

Then after that, re-enter the numbers, going to Tools> Serial Numbers and installations... and clicking thru the screens until the process finish in order to re-register the numbers again.

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez
Advanced Technical Support Engineer

Anders_Torvesti
Level 3
Hi,

thanks! I have now reinstalled all licenses and so far it seems to work.

Regards Anders