cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec services not starting upon server reboot

steve02aa
Level 3
Partner

I am using Backupexec 12.5 Rev 2213 on a SBS 2003 Server (x86).  I only use it to backup to tape.

I have a question about the BackupExec services.

Anytime the server restarts, the Backup Exec Server Service never starts, even though the service is set to Automatic.  The Log On tab is set for "This Account" (where I have my domain_name\administrator and my pwd)

What I have do (everytime the server restarts) is go into the service, go to the Log On tab and input the password again, click apply, then go back to the General tab and start the service.  That's the only way to get the service to start.  I have tried the Log on as:  Local System Account, but that doesn't work either. I just have to change the log on as This Account and input the domain_name\administrator and the pwd.

I looked around in the registry thinking maybe something was sticking in there for the username/password, but I could not find anything.  My client who owns the software does not have a support contact with Symantec, hence, why I'm here in the forums.

What do think of this?  How do you think I can resolve this?  It's kind of annoying that I have to do this everytime the server restarts (which isn't often, but still).

Thank you in advance for your reply...

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

From the BE console, click on Tools - Backup Exec services...

Click on the Services credentials tab and enable - change service account info...

enter the appropriate info ...and check the next time...

steve02aa
Level 3
Partner

This actually doesn't work.  I've tried in teh past and just did now...here's what happens.

I enter in the BE console, tools, Backup Exec Service....I input the credentials and then restart all the services.  The Backup Exec Server Service still fails to start, which causes the cascade issue of other dependent services not starting.  I'm just forced to go into Services and retype the password in the log on tab for the Backup Exec Server service and then start it (then start all the dependent services).

Quite strange...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any errors logged in the event viewer ?

Check if the BE services are dependent upon any other services or not...