cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec v10d and DMZ Servers

R_Johnson
Level 3
Hi All

I know this has been ask a few times but i have searched the forums and could not find answers to my questions.

Here goes...

Got backupexec v10d installed on a windows 2000 server acting as a member server in a domain and need to backup a windows 2003 server in the DMZ.

I have opened the following ports on the firewall LAN -> DMZ

TCP PORTS

1024-1031

UDP PORT

In backupexec v10d I've gone...

TOOLS | OPTIONS | NETWORK AND FIREWALL

enabled media server TCP dynamic port range - 1024 - 1028
enabled remote agent TCP dynamic port range - 1029 - 1031

Started to create a new backup set and added a user defined selection using the private ip address of the DMZ server. Added another logon account that reflects the administrator credentials on the DMZ server.

If I give the backupexec v10d server full access to the DMZ on the firewall I can see folders on the DMZ server using my user defined selection, but if I restrict access using the ports mentioned above it fails to view folders and backupexec moans and displays the logon account selection box.

I'm assuming I need to open more ports? Can anyone help? Would be most appreciated.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

Symantec recommends having port 10000 open and available on the Backup Exec media server as well as on the remote systems. In addition, you must open the dynamic port ranges specified for communications between the media server and remote agents.

Please open 50 Ports on the media server as well as 25 Ports on the Remote server.

=============