cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backupexec 10d, SBS2003 failed public folder replication to SBS2008

Alex_Hill
Level 3
Hello,

Just done a SBS2008 migration everything went ok apart from the public folder replication (70GB!) client had a power cut about 90% through servers shutdown ok, but on booting back up the smtp connectors went mental 300,000+ messages bouncing around which crashed exchange 2003.  After recovering from this the public folders have ended being a mess and this mess has replicated back to the SBS2003 server hence getting a tape out (had done some .pst backups but the ones I need seem to be corrupt!)

The servers are currently still connected and anything that happens on the SBS2003 server gets replicated over to the new SBS 2008 store.  Problem I have is some folders are appearing to have less items than they should, say 11 visible of a possible 43 on the tape, I proceed to restore this folder containing the 43 items which works and gets replicated but the 11 get duplicated.

I have tried all options I can see in the restore job to skip, overwrite even upgraded to 11d and select the option 'When restoring individual mail messages and folders, restore over existing messages and folders' which isn't present in 10d this has made no difference, i'm running out of options and do not want to restore everything and duplicate everything that is present.  I've thought of deleting the folders and restoring but as the replication has taken a number of days/weeks the client has been using them and posting items to the store.

Any ideas on getting these restore jobs to pay attention and skip the files that are already there??

Thanks
Alex
6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Note that Server 2008 is not supported by either BE 10d or 11d.

Alex_Hill
Level 3
BE 10d is not installed on the SBS 2008 server it's on the SBS 2003 which i'm doing the public folder restore.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Does the restore completes Sucessfullt?  If not what is the error you get.
When u attempted the restore was the public folder store dismounted ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you trying to restore the public folder folder onto the new SBS 2008 server?

Alex_Hill
Level 3
No, the restore is going back to where it came from, the sbs2003 public folder store.  There is a bridgehead connector between the SBS2003 and SBS 2008 server which is used to replicate the data when doing a migration.  Therefore restoring the data to the SBS2003 server gets replicated to the new server  But it's all duplicated if already exists.

Alex_Hill
Level 3
Yep completes successfully and store dismounted or mounted same result, no errors just duplicates if file exists.