cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backupexec 12.5 GRT Backups fails on Tape drive.

santoshpawar
Level 4

Hello Guys,

With BE 12.5 Rev 2213 I could do GRT Exchange backups to disk without issues, but GRT Exchange backups to tape never worked, so I just turned off GRT on Exchange for our tape backups and it gets completed successfully without any error.

But why i am not able to perform backup of Tape drive with GRT option????

Please let me know the cause for such failure..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

santoshpawar
Level 4

When we select the GRT option in backup job that time GRT creates temp processing files on hard drive.

Mostly those files get save on default location 'C:\Temp'.  Now i have just excluded this location from my antivirus scanning.  After that when i fired the backup job on Tape drive it got successful...strange........

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Which version of Exchange you are using and what is the exact error message?

santoshpawar
Level 4

i am using Exchange 2003.

Backup fails with MAPI error.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Please ensure on first place Be12.5 is fully patched up with sp4 and all updates after it. Remote agent on exchange server is fully patched up too. Now as per your above comment backup to disk when GRT is on works fine ,but doing backup on tape fails with mapi error. Please check below link to see account has right permission to backup exchange. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH21357 What I think in your case issue would also come if you perform restore from disk to restore single items with can it attach to resource orlog on to map I. So you will have to resolve mapi issue first. For that as per the above link try to expand individual mailbox from backup selections and see if you can expand it ,if not then as per above link try to make new account as per the document and ensure you make it as system log on account with services using same account too and then check. If that doesn't resolve the issue ,please use mfc mapi tool to see if you can expand individual mailbox on exchnage server by logging on to exchange server with account use to backup with backup exec and use mfc mapi to see if you can see mailboxes. Please note as per above link you need to check if only you can expand mailboxes or not ,please dont use this method to do backup as it is not recommended way to backup exchange using Legacy way,so use GRT way only. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53597 Please check this link too, http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64095 Thanks

santoshpawar
Level 4

When we select the GRT option in backup job that time GRT creates temp processing files on hard drive.

Mostly those files get save on default location 'C:\Temp'.  Now i have just excluded this location from my antivirus scanning.  After that when i fired the backup job on Tape drive it got successful...strange........