cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups Stopped

Level 3
The server suddenly stopped backing up files. When I open the software it asks for my login. No matter what log in I give it, I get a "The Backup Exec Server system service is not responding. The service is either not running or not installed."

It has worked before. However it does show that all the services are stopped when I click on the services tab (also obviously no taskbar icon). Whenever I try to tell it to start all services I get the error, "The service did not start due to a logon failure".

Please help
6 REPLIES 6

Level 3
By the way, I am running Small Business Server 2003

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote.
Title:
When trying to start Backup Exec application, the following error may be encountered "The Backup Server system service is not responding. The service is not running or not installed."
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267326

Please revert with the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered
threads’ pool.

Level 3
The problem still exists. Is there a default account I can use to log in. I can't actually really get into the program. It asks for my username and password and every combination I provide tells me it is incorrect, and when I close it it asks me if I want to close the program or not.

Level 3
pardon me, I misspoke.

It doesn't tell me the combination is incorrect. However, I type in the username and password and it automatically gives me the error message.

Level 3
I updated the MDAC to version 2.8.

When I repaired the database I got this:
Performing repair for BEDB database.
Starting Services
Starting Services for server
Server, Service:BackupExecDeviceMediaService failed to start.
Error: (1069) - The service did not start due to a logon failure.

Starting services for server completed with errors.
Database repair for server completed

I ran Component Checker and found three files with mismatched files.

ODBCBCP.DLL
SQLSRV32.DLL
msxml3.dll

where do I obtain the correct versions of these files?

Level 3
Ok, solved the problem.

Changed the references within BE to reflect a password change.