cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups stuck in queued

Zan
Level 3

Using backup exec 12.5 on server 2008.

Had some previous issues with backup exec not detecting the B2D folder, but that's all been resolved and I can now see all the media on the drive.  Thing is now, all the backup jobs are stuck in queued.

I've had a look at other tickets like this, and tried to do an inventory on the B2D destination.  It fails with:

Error category    : Backup Device Errors
Error : e000e005 - The job has reported multiple errors. See the job log for details.

and a message in the Job Log saying Access is denied for a few slots (but it doesn't tell me the names of the files).  Screenshot attached.

I don't know if this is what's causing the issue.  When the backup job starts, the B2D device shows in use, and it look like it's going through all the files one by one (takes about 8 seconds, then goes to the next one)... I've left it doing for 24 hours, and it just keeps doing that.

A test run is Successful.

I also tested a restore, which worked correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just for everyone in the future - Hi future people.

We ended up moving all the backup media out of the existing medau pool and creating a new one.  Worked then.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you opened up BEutility.exe and tried to run a repair of the BEDB?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I tried a repair of the database via the instructions on the page: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100020074.html

It still seems to be doing the same thing.  Going through all the media on the backup-to-disk folder one by one (little green play symbol next to it), then going to the next one without actually doing anything apart from that.

I've attached a screenshot on what it looks like during that process...

Just for everyone in the future - Hi future people.

We ended up moving all the backup media out of the existing medau pool and creating a new one.  Worked then.