cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best conversion path

Shannon_Cunning
Level 3
We are in the process of out growing our sbs server. We want to take the back up procedure off and place it on the robotic library box with windows server 2003 . We currently have backup exe 10 sbs edition with robotic library support, IDR exchange and SQL agents. We are currently backing up to mapped network drives on the library server then copying the job to tape. I want to have the robotic library server to go and grab all the SBS data and place it directly to tape. I would like to know what the best way to accomplish this and which license/agents I would need. Thanks in advance

Shannon
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Is the SBS server the remote server that you want to backup?
If yes then you will require remote agent and license for this.

Is exchange or SQL installed on this server?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Shannon_Cunning
Level 3
Hello and thanks for the speedy response.

Yes the SBS server is the server I want to back up.
Yes exchange and SQL are running on the SBS server.

So I need the win server 2003 veritas license with the remote agent?

Thanks

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

As this is remote server and you have exchange and SQL installed to protect this server you will need to install exchange agent and SQL agent on this server. please note with these agents remote agent is in-built.

To purchase the licenses please contact sales:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.