cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Problems after Powercut.

stu1892
Level 2
Hi.

I'm having huge problems after a powercut.
Our Quantum Superloader seems fine, but BE 10d can't see it... and complaining "The job failed with the following error: Physical Volume Library Drive not found"

What i've tried so far..

1.  Reboot the loader. - No luck.  I have not been able to reboot the server as it is where all the user documents are and there was no opportunity for any downtime today.
2.  Restart services. - No luck.
3.  After reading a few similar errors, i disabled the device and deleted it.  restarting the services - No luck
4.  Now i had no drives at all, i tried to add a new device and it said "There are no other devices available to be added to this device pool at this time."
5.  Had a look in device manager, eventually found 'Medium Changers' (wasn't there before) Unknown medium changer.  Updated this driver with a Quantum one from Windows Update.
6.  Restarted services and it came up as a standalone and when i try and run an existing job it asks me to insert media. 

Now, i'm terrified.

There are already 8 tapes in and the setup doesn't look anything like it did before.

I did not set up this system and i'm quite new to it.

Can someone please help! Smiley Sad
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Does Windows Device Manager see the loader OK?
If so, can NTBackup see and access it?

You shouldn't need to boot the server, restarting the services should be suffficent

Only other suggestion I have involves being able to boot the media server -

Shut down
disconnect the library
reboot
run the driver pack and tell it to remove all devices it cannot find
shut down
connect the library
boot
run the driver pack again

If this works, you may need to edit your jobs to point to the new devices names

stu1892
Level 2
Hi Ken, thanks for the quick reply.

I decided to  reboot as a last resort last night and it's went back to it's old setup and working correctly.  Running a backup now.

I'll be keeping your reply in a document just in case this happens again!

Thanks again.