cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Time Issue?

nicktf
Level 4
I turned up to work this morning to find the following error message on my two BE servers - both use SSO to access a common tape library, and both happen to kick off a B2S job at 19:00. Normally.

"The job was scheduled to run, but the availablility window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed."

And the job summary Window had:-
Original Start time : 31 March 2008 20:00:00
Job Started   : 31 March 2008 19:00:00

Now, the jobs are both scheduled to start at 19:00, and none of the other criteria for the error are met. The jobs were fine on the Saturday before, and have been running happily for months.

Two other jobs on the 31st, scheduled to start at 22:00 were unaffected.

In the wee hours of Sunday morning of the 30th, the clocks went from GMT to BST. Both the affected jobs were running a Duplicate to Tape from the same policy as the errored job above. This appears to be the only link, that I can see. There's nothing untoward in the event logs.

I'm puzzled - bug in the scheduler?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
BackupExec has had problems with Standard to DST (and back)  since v8 for sure, and I think back to v7 days

They still have them in v12 believe it or not!Smiley Surprised

AFAIK, there is no current or planned  fix.

Popolou
Level 4
Yup, in the same boat - Job summary bug

I'm sure there's been a big enough fuss about it in the past, but it seems that symantec do not feel it is requires sufficient attention to remedy the problem. In my experience, i increased the window accordingly (only marginally) to be sure the jobs will run. So far they've been fine.

I don't think i even saw a technote on this tbh.

Regards

Pop

nicktf
Level 4
Thanks Guys! Good to know I'm not seeing things. It seems pretty incredible that this "feature" is still outstanding.

Cheers

Nick