cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boston Backup Exec Consultant needed

Simmons
Level 2

Looking to engage expert consultant to get results.

Running 11d.  Need to restore an exchange DB to retireve some messages.

Need to do restore from tape.  Setup is Legacy and not currently in production as it was stopped in July.  Everything still there. 

Need to be savy with the intricacies of doing an Exchange restore to a recovery storage group on diff Exchange 2003 sp2 system, familiar with exmerge, and permissions, etc.

This is where we get stuck.

Job name            : Restore 00071
Job type : Restore
Job status : Failed
Job log : D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEX_Server1_01347.xml
Server name : Server1
Selection list name : Restore 00071
Device name         : CERTANCE 1
Target name : CERTANCE 1
Media set name :
All Media Used
LTO000044
Error category    : Resource Errors
Error : e000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

Send me a message and I will repsond.  Further, we will also engage if successful with this issue, further backup exec projects.

5 REPLIES 5

nagavp
Level 4
Certified
Delete the RSG & recreate the RSG. Fire the restoration job and let me know the status

Simmons
Level 2

I am am 100% unfamiliar with how to find the data on the to restore.  Is there perhaps an article you can send?  My issue starts as to where to even find the correct data to restore.  I am thinking I can take 2 routes:

1.  If I have another exchange 2003 sp2 server built in the same AD forest\domain, no boxes on it, just a new box, will the following work?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/247985.htm

My goal is to restore a DB that has a block of sent and recieved emails in an inbox from  date period of 11/1/07 through 3/10/08.  I have a full tape from 3/13 . 

2.  Is the a way just to grab the edb file somehow to a file server.  I can use this...

http://www.ontrackpowercontrols.com/resources/add-ons/

Simmons
Level 2

Do you provide consulting services?

nagavp
Level 4
Certified
Can u provide me the properties of ur restore job?

Simmons
Level 2

2 questions: 

1.How do I set up a restore job to go to another server to get at the EDB file.  I have another program that can extract the mailbox.  Is this possible?

2. I can get the job history of restore attempt: Pasted below.  How do I get the properties of the restore job from that?  Where do I do that.  I do not know Backup Exec at all and need specific step by step help.  This is why I want a consultant to come in house.