cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATTOOLS output question...

SSchulze1
Level 2

I recently ran a CATTOOLS to export one of my catalog files to a TXT file.  I had no problem creating this TXT file.  My question  revolves around the content of the TXT file it exported.  I searched for a KEY or cross reference, etc but I can't find anything.  In the exported TXT file, I see these and don't know what they are:

FP= Assuming this is the filepath

SZ= Assuming this is the file size

LB= ???

AT= ??? All values for AT appear to be the same number

CT= ???

MT= ???

ST= ???

AR= ???

XA= ???

IN= ???

OST= ???

IIMG= ???  Appears to a number that increases by 1 in each row.

Any help deciphering this output file would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Few of the abbr...

LB - Logical Block

AT - Access Time

CT - Change Time

MT - Modified Time

OST - If DeDupe being used, then name of the OST image

IMG - If GRT to disk being used, then name of the IMG folder

What exactly are you trying to find out from the Catalog file ? Primary use should be for finding out if a file was backed up or not, so the FP is sufficient. Many a times, it is actually easier to output the detailed job log itself.

SSchulze1
Level 2

Thank you so much for your feedback on this.  A business analyst is going to be comparing the file exported using CATTOOLS with a listing of files and folders and do a comparison to what files and folders may not be getting backed up.  It's just something we do here, so I need a list of every file and folder that was backed up.  We have an automated program to run this comparison that was developed in house, as I wouldn't want to be the person to pour over this 900,000 line log file to compare!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If its a list of every file & folder backed up, then the first entry of each line is sufficient as that's the one which contains the file path information.