cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS 11d - Unable to start a job - Status will not change from Never Run

WesternIT
Level 3
Hello - I a in the process of working out the kinks in CPS 11d. We are trying to backup 2 remote file servers, each in a different remote office. I succesfully deployed the agent to both servers and I WAS able to get a job to run on both servers, however, recently one of our servers seemed to quit 'talking' to the CPS server. I stopped the job and then tried to restart it later that night and it just said STOPPED. EVentually, I deleted the backup job and created an identical job for the same server/pair. Now, the status on this job just says NEVER RUN. I try to right click and select Start - nothing. I've restarted both servers (and all relevant services) a few times - nothing. CPS on the other server is runnning fine - it's backing up as we speak, however, on this server I cannot get the job to start again.

Thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi,

On the server that is having the problem I would recommend creating the Gateway key as per the following technote:

This technote is for 10x so the registry key will be under Symantec not Veritas.

Please let me know if this takes care of the issue.

Thanks.
Patty

WesternIT
Level 3
I had previously created this registry key and this allowed the CPA server to show up in the available list of servers on the CMS. I was able to run the job for a week or two and backup the CPA server just fine. Once the job had finished, I stopped the job temporarily and now I am unable to restart it. I went ahead and changed the value in this registry setting from the FQDN to the IP address and rebooted the CPA server. Same issue. I just deleted the CPS backup job again and recreated it - same issue. I am unable to start the job. I have another job running currently and it's working fine.

WesternIT
Level 3
Update: I changed the registry setting mentioned above to reflect the static IP instead of the FQDN and rebooted both the CPA server and CMS again and now I can start the job again.