Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS Backup Exec Retrieve

Martin_Hurka
Level 2
hi,
i have a Problem with a CPS and the Web Interface for Restore
only Domain Administrators can view the server, when i login with a normal User und try to browse the Server,
i get the following message (sorry only in german)
"Freigegebene Ordner können nicht aufgelistet werden. Entweder hat der geschützte Server keine Benutzerfreigaben oder ein Sicherungsauftrag, der die benutzerdefinierten Freigaben schützt, wurde noch nicht ausgeführt."

its like:
shared Folders cannot not be viewed either the protected server has no shares or a backup job witch protects the user defined shares has not run jet
7 REPLIES 7

Martin_Hurka
Level 2
the only one with this Problem ?
on all Server ?
i can't believe

Moderated Support Forum ???

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
Is this when you logon with a non-domainadmin user?

If thats the case I should perhaps test it too. We are planing to start using CPS soon and use the web restore function.

Would be kinda nasty if the users cant get into it. hehehe :)

Martin_Hurka
Level 2
that is my Problem !!

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify the following permissions

. WEB RESTORE IN DOMAIN ENVIRONMENTS:

-- Domain Environment:

a.The source (business) server, target (protection) server, and Web server are all in the same or trusted domains

b.The end-user desktop running Internet Explorer does not need to be part of the domain.

Users-
log on using domain credentials
access to all shares,files and folders
Share permissions latest
file system permission-historical
file access rights
-files with domain level access rights maintain this when restored to any system in the domain
-files with local level access rights only allow access to server specific local users and groups

2.WEB RESTORE IN WORKGROUP ENVIRONMENTS:

-- Workgroup Environment:

a.If the source, target and, the web server are not in the same domain or not in a domain

b.All sources, targets and the web server must have matching local accounts for every user

User

File access
-Server specific
-if user is a part of a group on source server only ,he may not be able to access files for that group ,once they are on the target server.

-groups apart from built in groups become invalid once they are backed up and restored.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

alvin_cho
Level 3
i'm having the same problem.

both servers are part of the same domain and the users login to their computers using the domain credentials to access all the shares and mapped drives.

i backed up a domain share, but it is still not visible to the regular domain user when logging into the WebRetrieve.

is there something else that needs to be done?

Brendan_Lazaro
Level 3
I am having the same problem. Did you happen to install and re-install. This is when I noticed this started happening. I also have noticed that I cannot use CPS to restore to any other system than the original source. I thought I woul be able to restore to an alternative server or system. Is that normal?

alvin_cho
Level 3
It happened on my first install. I was able to restore the file to a different system.

I still haven't made any progress. Do I need to set permissions somewhere or are the permissions not being backedup?