cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS + Domain Controller? Wont move past Gathering Information

Matthew_Mannix
Level 2
Folks,

I have a working CPS server that is backing up about a dozen servers right now. Everything goes fine throughout the day.

This morning I deployed the agents thru the CPS console to a new domain controller. The controller has yet to go live so its virtually an empty shell of a system.

For whatever reason it seems like the CPS agent will not move past the "Gathering Information" stage of the backup. The Domain Controller reports in, reports the windows version, along with all of the filesystem information but the backup just hangs.

I'm not really sure how to trouble shoot this issue. does anyone have any suggestions on where to look to get an idea of what might be going on?

Thanks,
--matt
2 REPLIES 2

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Does the problem occur just with one CPA agent or with all CPA agents?

The operating system of the member servers?

Regards
Padmaja

neilperham
Not applicable
I have the same problem with a single server running CPA, the OS is W2000 Advanced Server SP4

I am new to 11d but my first job is set to back up 4 servers, system state & data for each. The 2003 servers are backing up nicely and I have already been able to perform some useful restore jobs. My problem is with this particular server. No errors are being generated under the alerts menu, the job is simply hanging at "gathering information" at run stage and pair status.

Has anyone found a reason why this may be happening or a fix?