cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS ID=V-167-0-104 error

Chris_Peacock
Level 3
I have installed CPS (complete installation) on a Server2003 SP1 server and have ran a 'push-install' to a SBS2003 server using all the default install settings, except changing the path so that all would be installed to c:\program files\veritas\... This was done over a VPN link and it installed fine and even rebooted the remote server (SBS2003).

The SBS2003 will not appear on the server2003 server in the console, and when I run the console on the remote, SBS2003, server it comes up with the following error:

'The adminitration console could not connect to the Continuous Protection Server Continuous Management Service. Please check the status of the computer running the CPS Continuous Management Service and the network connections. Click here for more information - (ID-V-167-0-104).

Clicking on the above link forwards to a veritas page but says 'no documents matached...'

I can add the remote service from the server2003 server in the tools/services and even restart the remote services but this is about as much as I can do. The SBS2003 doesn't appear in the servers and this is as much as I get. I've disabled all firewalls but this again has made no difference.

I've also ran a rxping and get the following:

Microsoft Windows
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

Testing ICMP Ping.
ICMP Ping Successful...
Testing ENL connectivity.
ENL PING SUCCESSFUL.
Testing JCD connectivity.
JCD Connect successful.

I've changed the gateway from the machine name to an IP address but still no luck, please help.

Thanks

Chris
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
CMS and Protection Server Requirements Item Description
Supported Operating Systems :
◆ Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family (excluding R2 and Data Center) with Service Pack 1
◆ Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Small Business Server with Service Pack 1
◆ Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 with Service Pack 1

Business Server Requirements Item Description
Supported Operating Systems :

◆ Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 4
◆Microsoft Windows Server2000 Advanced with ServicePack4
◆Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family (excluding R2 and Data Center) with Service Pack 1
◆Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Small Business Server with Service Pack 1
◆ Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 with Service Pack 1

Please ensure that you have the required service pack level.