cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS Server seems to backup, but can't restore

Paul_Kirill
Level 2
In CPS 11d, it seems I've (finally) gotten the backup jobs to pair and actually move data to the storage area. However, when I try to restore anything I find that the restore window is empty. All I see is a tree with SERVER>System Information>Shadow Copy Components, Share Permissions, and System State. All of which are empty. There are recent files in the backup storage area, but nothing in the list.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Paul,

A backup of System State and Shadow Copy Components doesn't actually result in individual files available for restore.

Shadow Copy Components should show a Shadow Copy Component object.
Share Permissions should show items that represent shared folders that have an icon resembling the regedit icon.
System State should show a System State object.

Be certain to expand and select the parent objects on the left hand pane to view child objects on the right hand pane. As an Example expand System Information on the left and then select the Shadow Copy Components folder on the left. When the Shadow Copy Components folder on the left is selected you should be able to view the contents on the right for the individual backup of the Shadow Copy Component

If you have performed a backup of file data, then you would look for the data for restore by selecting the folder on the left hand pane so you can view it's contents on the right hand pane. Also the contents of the right hand pane will only show backed up files it will not show backed up folders. Backed up folders only appear on the left hand pane. So navigation of data for restore isn't consistent with that of BEWS but if data has been backed up it will be available for restore.

I would recommend you test with file data like the Program Files directory or something smaller if you want to get a "quick test".

Andy_Taylor
Level 3
Ive got exactly the same problem , did you ever fix it ?

My backup destination shows folders for all the servers im protecting , along with all the update backed up files. So i know the backup is working.

However when i try and restore all i see when selecting a server to restore is -
System Information
then unser that Shadow copy components , Share permissions and system state.
clicking any of these selections results in nothing at all showing in the right hand pane.

Andy_Taylor
Level 3
*****....a reboot fixed it.

Edited by moderator: Andy, please watch your language here.Message was edited by:
Tom Diederich

Kevin_Nickson
Level 4
Can you say that here?