Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS error 0xe01f000d when creating an Exchange CPS Job

Michel_Lapointe
Level 2
Hello,

Everytime I set the Exchange CPS check box and create the job, I get

Error code 0xe01f000d was returned from the Backup Exec CPS applicatio nwhen creating the CPS job. Make sure that Backup Exec CPS is installed and configured correctly. Check the Backup Exec CPS console for more information about the error. Using an IP address to specify an Exchange server is not supported.

I'm not using an IP address and there is nothing in the console.

Thank

ML
15 REPLIES 15

Dean_Bouta
Level 3
I have the same problem. Anyone have ideas?
Exchange server is a virtual server on a cluster.Message was edited by:
Dean Bouta

Michel_Lapointe
Level 2
Seem that no one care, I've even open a case with Support, and still no answer.

Veritas support was far from being A1, but Symantec one is one of the worst I've experienced.

ML

AKopel
Level 6
I'm having the same problem... Can't figure it out...

Michel_Lapointe
Level 2
I finally speak with support, and it seem it's related to an unsupported configuration which is Backup Exec + CPS + Exchange on the same server.

CPS can't be on the same server as Exchange (At least the Backup2Disk folder)

ML

Dean_Bouta
Level 3
Mine are not on the same server.
My BE11d and CPS are on server A with the disk backup and Exchange is on server B.

AKopel
Level 6
Neither are mine, This is a dedicated Backup Exex/CPS server...
AK

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Is Backup exec installed on a 64 bit Machine?

Is Exchange Server on the same server as Backup Exec and CPS ?

Thank You,

Shweta

Dean_Bouta
Level 3
No and No

AKopel
Level 6
Same here.
Backup exec is on a dedicated 32-bit machine (Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1)
Exchange is on the same (but not R2, Just Server 2003 SP1)

AK

Michael_Rowley
Not applicable
I had the same problem until I deployed the CPS Exchange Agent (not the BEWS Exchange Agent, which I had already done and could successfully backup the IS) to the Exchange Server. Upon rebooting the mail server I was able to successfully configure a CPS job for Exchange.

lee_Batty
Level 2
OK, I was have the same error this afternoon. I tried restarting the CPS server I noticed that when I look at the Settings utility(tools\Settings Utility) in the CPS admin console. I noticed that the Exchange Server had a red error, compared to the file server with a green. I also was receiving a RPC error 1722 in the alert logs for CPS.

To resolve this I restarted the CPS agent on the CPS server and then the CPS agent on the exchange server. While a reboot in the same order should of worked, it did not. So tried just the agents on both servers.

I hope this helps you figure out the issue.

Dean_Bouta
Level 3
Should you se a service referancing the CPS Exchange Agent on the exchange server? I do not see one. I went to the CPS server and used the wizard to push the agents to the exchange server again and it shows that it will push the exchange agent but I see nothing referancing exchane running as a PS service?

Steve_Meek
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I tried to set up job with same issue. Finally can see test cluster Info Stores on virtual server in Backup Exec and then this. Environment is single server running BE/CPS as standalone. 2 separate cluster nodes run Exchange 2003. Trying to backup Virtual Server stores.

Do I need to run BE backups for Exchange (I have CPS installed on the BE server and Agents pushed to both nodes of test cluster)? I selected the check box, but not quite sure how to configure job appropriately, I am taking hourly snapshots in CPS of server but not Exchange.

I restarted all servers, but will try services restart to correct. I also have weird issue where BE services don't start at boot-up, I have to manually kick off.

Any help appreciated.

Steve

Deano
Level 2
I was getting the same error message up till about 5 minutes ago.
We have a dedicated BackupExec/CPS server separate to the Exchange Server as described in the CPS Manuals.

I restarted the "CPS Broker Service" on the destination CPS server, and then the disk backup CPS job for Exchange worked.

Hope this advise helps.

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
The CPS Exchange agent is the Broker service.  This service is only installed when the Exchaneg Agent was selected as part of the CPS push install process.

CPS is not supported in Cluster environments.

After a push install of CPS, if you deselect the option to restore the target server after install, then CPS will most likely not function correctly.  Restarting services may or may not work and your best bet is to always rebooth the exchang server at a time that is convenient for you.