cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS problems with System State and Shadow Copy Components

Michael_Johanss
Level 3
I am getting this error on one server when trying to backup the System State and/or Shadow Copy Components:

The pair on source computer 'DMD2006', destination computer 'MLCDP' for job 'DMD2006-System State' canceled due to an error. : Another program requires the computer 'DMD2006' to be restarted in order to complete the installation of new software, updates, service packs or a previous System State restore. You must restart the computer before you can backup or restore the System State.

Anyone seen this?
8 REPLIES 8

Michael_Johanss
Level 3
This is supposed to be a moderated support forum!!!?? If so, why doesn't anyone answer questions here from Symantec? I have posted this twice with no answer at all? And I cannot find information in the knowledgebase about the problem? What can I do??

gshawns
Level 4
I have this same problem and have not found a solution.  One topic under 10d referenced a hotfix for this and another topic referred to running LiveUpdate.  I have run LiveUpdate on the Protection server but not sure how to on the Business server since it is only running an agent.  Is there a hotfix or patch for this in 11d?
Thanks.

Michael_Johanss
Level 3
Hi,

I am using 11d, and i have run Liveupdate on the server, with no success on the error.
I have uninstalled the agent, and re-installed with the same error. Please let me know if you find a solution to this. It would be nice if Symantec could answer this!!!!!

Regards Michael

gshawns
Level 4
Here is more info:
The CPS Protection Server is running Windows 2003 Server SP2 x64 with 4GB RAM
It is also the Backup Exec Media Server attached to a tape library
The CPS Business Server is running Windows 2003 Server SP1 x86 with 4GB RAM
I have uninstalled all Backup Exec software and reloaded.  I have also removed the CPS and BEWS agents and loaded them one at a time but nothing helps.  I have tried pushing them from the server and also installing from the CDs with a reboot between each one.
I have noticed something that might be related...  It seems once I have both agents loaded on the x86 server I will get an error at startup that says "a service or driver failed to start."  This is a box that pops up and says to check the Event log but there are no errors/warnings in the event log.  All of the automatic services are also started and there are no errors in the device manager (even when selecting "show hidden devices").  If I remove the agents, the pop up goes away.

Michael_Johanss
Level 3
Very strange!!!! I hope that Symantec could show some intressed to solve this!

Regards Michael

Cursor
Not applicable
Anyone get a solution from symantec or found a solution by himself? At this moment we are facing the same problem. So is there anyone who uses CPS to back up system state?

Regards
Alexander Busch

Doug_Reid
Level 3
Anyone had any luck with this?

C_Bantle
Not applicable
Partner
Hi

Reboot the Client. If WindowsUpdate needs a reboot CPS will stop backup till the Client is rebootet. I don't know why but a reboot will solve the Problem.

Regards
C Bantle