cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make stand alone exe file of BE without master server?

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all

I am using BE 15 environments which consists of 1 master server 10 BE agent for Windows. 

Sometimes, I need standalone BE without connection of master server. Can I make stand alone exe file of BE? or push stand alone agent file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I am assuming that by "Master" you mean the "Media" server where BE core product is installed and storage devices are attached to the server.

Agents cannot work without the Media server. Data flows from the remote agent to the media server and then to the storage devices.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB

I am assuming that by "Master" you mean the "Media" server where BE core product is installed and storage devices are attached to the server.

Agents cannot work without the Media server. Data flows from the remote agent to the media server and then to the storage devices.

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you for reply. I am not sure Media Server. What is media server?. If I install BE on windows 2008 R2 firstly using install media or exe file, does it install BE with Media server? For example, I want to backup 10 servers. One of 10 servers has BE management console and others server have BE agents. Is the server has management console media server???? 

Sorry I am a beginner of BE :)

AmolB

If I install BE on windows 2008 R2 firstly using install media or exe file, does it install BE with Media server?

Yes thats the one...

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes~~~

Thank you  so much AmolB