cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use BackupExec 2010 to backup Data to another server

DaranDazza
Level 4

We are preparing for an upcoming server replacement and want to backup a  DC server over the wire to a member server designated as a dedicated backup server located in another building. The backups will be to file.

The DC has BackupExec on it but the member server does not - so I gues what I am asking  - can I "push" a backup of data across rather than "pull" ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

The only way you would be able to connect to the server would be via \\ServerName for instance. If you were running a storage server with Windows Storage Server, or some hardware like an HP StoreEasy, you would be able to present LUNs to the server via iSCSI.

Doing it the way you want to isn't supported from what I have seen. Your only way would be a "pull" backup with BE installed on the server in the other building.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

The only way you would be able to connect to the server would be via \\ServerName for instance. If you were running a storage server with Windows Storage Server, or some hardware like an HP StoreEasy, you would be able to present LUNs to the server via iSCSI.

Doing it the way you want to isn't supported from what I have seen. Your only way would be a "pull" backup with BE installed on the server in the other building.

Thanks!

DaranDazza
Level 4

Sighhh... I suspected as such.