cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not uninstall Remote Agent for Windows Server

Not applicable
I would like to remove/reinstall VBE 9.0 from my server running Windows 2003. Through add/remove programs I removed all mentions of Veritas, when I try to reinstall Backexec 9.0 i get an error "You cannot install a Backup Exec Media Server on a system with Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers installed" There is a support doc http://support.veritas.com/docs/261155 saying Remote Agent for Wondows Server (RAWS) can be uninstalled via Add/remove programs. My problem is there is no listing for RAWS, or anyother Veritas product.

Is there any other way to remove RAWS?
6 REPLIES 6

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
You have removed it.

Simply reboot the machine and then start the install process. Windows needs to update the fact that it was removed fully.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi there

You could also check the following:

# if there are any folders under Program Files belonging to Veritas BE?

# if there is any key in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
there is any entry of backup exec remote agent. Its real name is backupexecagentaccelerator.

# Additionally you could use MS's Cleanup utility and see if you get any entry for Veritas BEWS
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301 .

Hope this helps! :)

Regards,
Ashutosh

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered threads’ pool.

Thanks!

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

M_Harshaw
Level 2
I have tried all of the options listed on this page, but am still getting the same error message. There are several Backup Exec registry keys that will not allow you to delete them - some are related to the Remote Agent, some are not.

Any other suggestions?

M_Harshaw
Level 2
Nevermind...installed the .4691 update (instead of original files from disc) and that seemed to bypass the issue.