cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me what these folders are for?

mlm01
Level 4

I am using symantec backup 2010 and am doing a full backup on fridays and an incremental backup monday through thursday.  The backup goes to backup to disk folders on a usb attached hard drive.

I am seeing alot of folders called "IMG0000??" showing up under the backup to disk folders. Folders contain files called ebd*.log, edb.chk, esent.dl, and others.

Can anyone tell me what these folders are?  I realize that the .bkf is the backup, but what are all these other folders?  Should they be there or did I configure something wrong?  

Thanks for any help, we have the not for resale version of backup exec and no phone support and I haven't been able to find anthing on these files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

.cfg are the Configuration files, which store information about the backup files. IMG or Image folder gets created when a backup is run with GRT (Granular Restore Technology) enabled.

Verbatim from a KB article - Data that is targeted to a backup-to-disk folder is stored in media with a B2D prefix (for example, B2D00001). When Granular Restore Technology (GRT)is enabled, two media are created in the backup-to-disk folder. One media has an IMG prefix (IMG00001) and the other has a B2D prefix. The IMG media stores the GRT data, while the B2D media acts as a pointer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

.cfg are the Configuration files, which store information about the backup files. IMG or Image folder gets created when a backup is run with GRT (Granular Restore Technology) enabled.

Verbatim from a KB article - Data that is targeted to a backup-to-disk folder is stored in media with a B2D prefix (for example, B2D00001). When Granular Restore Technology (GRT)is enabled, two media are created in the backup-to-disk folder. One media has an IMG prefix (IMG00001) and the other has a B2D prefix. The IMG media stores the GRT data, while the B2D media acts as a pointer.

mlm01
Level 4

Thanks so very much for getting back to me, I worried that I had configured something wrong.

Thanks again,

Maureen

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Maureen,

If VJware helped you, please mark their post as the solution.

Thanks!