cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i install BE2012 trial in a BE2010 R3 environment

hmontero
Level 5

Can i install BE2012 trial in a BE2010 R3 environment ?

I want to try BE 2012 in a real scenario connecting BE2012 to my robotic solution already running.

Now i´m running BE 2010 R3.

It is possible or not???  This configuration can bring me problems???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The only way to access your tape library is to have it physically attached to the BE 2012 media server.  If you cannot do it, then there is no way to test the library with BE 2012.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes you can use BE2012 in trial mode for 60 days in the same environment as BE2010R3.

Are you planning to upgrade BE2010 R3 to BE2012(trial)?

If you are planning to install BE2012 on a different server then make sure BE2010R3 and BE2012 

are not going to backup same remote servers.

hmontero
Level 5

I´m planning to upgrade to BE2012 full..not trial, but i want to try it before (but i don´t have a robotic in test environment).

BE2012 will be in different server than BE2010 during test period. After that i´ll install BE2012 in the same server (upgrade).

Thanks for the info.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The only way to access your tape library is to have it physically attached to the BE 2012 media server.  If you cannot do it, then there is no way to test the library with BE 2012.

hmontero
Level 5

Ahhh.. good point to consider...8(

Sure, the new BE 2012 won´t be attached to the tape library...8(

Thanks

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Mr. Montero:

Your tape library will behave more or less in the same way it does now with version 2010. The issue that you should verify is how you will adjust your jobs and their schedules to the new server-centric model of backup management.

If the library is supported - check the HCL - then you should have no major problems.

There are many other important changes in the new BE version that you should take into account before upgrading, and I strongly suggest that you check all of the available documentation in the form of web pages, videos and other to make sure your migration is smooth and you can enjoy the multiple great features of BE 2012.

Please visit this thread where there is a summary of all the documents to check and the things to keep in mind before upgrading:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/preparing-install-or-upgrade-be-2012?om_ext_cid=biz_con_ema...

Regards,

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The last post to this discussion is 2 months ago.  I doubt the user is hanging around the forum for your answer.

hmontero
Level 5

Sorry for not marked as resolved based on your response, yet
I can not connect a test server to the media library
..8(

Anyway we will migrate to 2012

Thanks a lot.