cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not see Exchange 2003 Mailbox Store

Warren_Zingel
Level 2
We have just upgraded our Exchange Server (one Node of a cluster) from Windows 2003 to SP1 (Windows SP1 not Exchange)
We can now no longer see the mailbox store from within Backup exec when the exchange service is running on this Node.

Here are some of the things that we have tried:
Re-starting the Backup Exec Services and server
Re-starting the Exchange server
We had a look from Windows Backup on the server and that can see the store.
We have tried removing the remote agent and re-installing... when the agent was removed we could see the store but it was gray. When it was re-installed we could no longer see it again.
We are not running any software firewall's between the backup server and the exchange server and Backup Exec can see the Exchange stores from the other node which has not been upgraded to SP1.

Has anyone found problems with Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Backupexec v9.1 not seeing the Exchange 2003 mailbox stores? The only information that I've found so far relates to disabling the firewall. that comes with SP1, but we have tried this already.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Warren
3 REPLIES 3

Ricardo_Pistari
Level 5
I saw a couple of posts talking about issues after installing win2003 sp1. The most of them was solved with bews 9.1 sp1.

Try using veritas update and let us know.

Chris_Stoneham
Level 3
I'm replying in Warren's absence.

We've already got this server up to 9.1 SP3, and applied the latest hotfixes from Veritas Update.

I've just double-checked and the version information is showing as Version 9.1 Rev. 4691, and Veritas Update is saying there are no available updates.

Warren_Zingel
Level 2
I found the answer btw... was in this document http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276930.htm

Cheers for everyone's help