cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not see all lotus notes databases through agent.

Chris_Attwood
Not applicable
Hello,

I have an interesting issue, which has stumpted me.

Server (windows 2000, SP4, with Veritas 10d which is fully patched up)

Using an agent I am backing up certain lotus notes databases, currently there are 2 databases that the agent can see within the root of Data\mail. But when i look in the flat file view it can see an additional 7, but these are not being displayed within the agent??

If anyone else has had this problem or no of a way to rectify it, could you let me know.

Thanks

Chris Attwood.
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

This issue occurs when the Changed Journal used by Backup Exec is not able to list some of the Lotus Databases.

To resolve the issue the Lotus Databases should be scanned again when Backup Exec tries to communicate with Lotus .

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Go into the following location "Program files\Veritas\Backup Exec\RANT\LOGS" on the Lotus server.
Delete the NotesDB*.ucj (Changed Journal files) so that when Backup Exec tries to communicate with Lotus the drive is scanned again for Lotus databases and a new file is created.

NotesDb*.ucj - Keeps the list of the Lotus databases present on the drive. '*' is replaced by the local drive letter which is referenced by this file.

2. On the Backup Exec Server, go into 'Tools | Backup Exec Services' and re-start all Backup Exec Services.

Now all the Lotus Databases should be available in the Backup Selection list.

Simon_Mattm_lle
Not applicable
Hello,

I resolved this problem as dicribed, but it occurs again and again.
Is there any patch or update to resolve this problem completely.
We have a lotus notes based application with a lot of databases
and I have only the possibility to recognize lost databases by means of
the backup volume, and there is no control or quarantee
of comletely backuped notes databases.

SM