cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update for DFSR and 11d?

SanderL
Level 2
Is there any type of workaround for DFSR and 11d 7170 yet other than downgrading to an older version?  This is killing me. 
5 REPLIES 5

Christopher_Hug
Level 3
Symantec doesn't give release date estimates on hotfixes.  The response I got from Symantec was that "the hotfix was built and currently in testing mode now as an "orphan" Hotfix 11" , whatever that is supposed to mean...  I'd imagine this is a fairly critical problem for most people using DFSR, assuming they even notice it isn't working until they find out they are unable to restore.  It has been a known issue now for over three months.  I've just about given up on Symantec and am looking into other vendors that have functional products and effective support.

SanderL
Level 2
Same here. I was always very impressed with BE until version 11.   Lately my frustration has really grown with support.  I think I would've been off of Symantec already had it not been for this forum.  I have an open case about a different issue and it's now been 4 days since I've last heard anything from them. I can't even get anyone on the phone.  One email per day for a support ticket isn't any way to get anything resolved.

Ex
Level 2
Trying to do a restore, I found this problem. I agree, it is serious. It is a shame to invest in a back product that doesn't actually back up a standard Windows service. Worse still, BE doesn't alert you that it isn't working, so you go about your day thinking you are protected. .  .I'll probably loose my job over this one.

Nathan
Level 4
I too am in the same boat and couple that with an exchange 2007 upgrade comming.

So far symantec told me dfs works, exchange individual mailbox restore works, and everything is quick and painless.

So far I've found, DFS doesn't work, exchange indiviual mailbox restore doesn't work, and everything I've done has required more reboots and upgrades than I can afford.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm still using exmerge, ntbackup, and have a backup 8.6 server sitting in the wings waiting I'd be paniced by now.  So much for paying big money for a product that supposedly works.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
There are some workarounds, reasons for the changes, and users' experiences at DFS backup and performance issues and Backing up DFS data